To create a society in which people with mental illness are treated with dignity and respect and are given the support they need to live independently as productive members of the community.
Mission Statement: Woodley House is an innovative, community-based organization dedicated to helping people with mental illness live full and healthy lives with dignity. Since 1958, Woodley House has served as a pathway to recovery for thousands of Washington, DC area residents by offering safe, secure housing options and a comprehensive range of services and support. We are committed to empowering our clients — on an individual basis — to achieve productive, independent living.
- Always treat our consumers with dignity and respect
- Empower consumers to improve their quality of life
- Ensure that consumers live in a safe, secure and clean environment
- Provide comfort to those in mental or physical pain
- Maintain an attitude of kindness and support
- Always be willing to listen to consumers
- Promote standards of integrity, honesty, and transparency in all activities
- Be open to ideas for improvement from both consumers and other staff members
- Be an accountable member of the community