(202) 830-3508     DONATE     GET HELP

With your support, we are breaking the cycle of homelessness in D.C.

Woodley House’s housing and support services are made possible through the support of donors like you. Your generosity allows Woodley House to serve more than 400 District of Columbia residents every year. Thank you! For gifts of stock and information on planned giving, please contact our Development Office at development@woodleyhouse.org or call 202.830.3529.

Other Ways to Give

For more information about these opportunities, please contact our Development Office to find out more.

By Phone
To make a credit card donation over the phone, please call 202.830.3508.
By Mail

To make a donation by mail, send to:

Woodley House
3000 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 108
Washington, DC 20008

Monthly Giving

You can provide consistent support to Woodley House with monthly contributions that are automatically deducted from your checking account or credit card. You will retain complete control of your giving and may increase, decrease, or suspend your contributions at any time by contacting our Development Office at development @ woodleyhouse.org.

To make a monthly gift by credit card, click the checkbox in the donation form for “recurring donation.”

Honor and Memorial Gifts
Honor the memory of a loved one or celebrate a special event in a friend or family member’s life by making a gift in their name. We will notify them of your gift via a personalized email or, if you choose, a personalized card. Select the “I’d like to make this contribution in honor or memory of someone” option on our online form to send an e-card.

If your loved one has selected Woodley House as the beneficiary of memorial gifts, please contact our Development Office at development @ woodleyhouse.org or at 202-830-3508.

Create Your Own Fundraiser

Create your own online fundraiser to support Woodley House’s mission and work. Online fundraisers can be created for a company, organization, or any type of group. Contact us to find out more!

Bequests and Planned Giving

Your planned gift to Woodley House may be part of a comprehensive estate plan that will enable you to provide for family, loved ones, and Woodley House, in ways that maximize personal objectives and minimize taxes. It may also complete a lifetime of giving or allow one to make a gift that might not have been possible during one’s lifetime. Please contact our Development Office for more information. Woodley House’s Federal Tax ID Number is 53-0245460.

Corporate Matching Gifts

An easy way to double your contribution is through employee giving programs. Many corporations have giving programs in which they match employee gifts to qualifying organizations. If you volunteer with us, your employer may also provide us with a grant as a way to recognize your ongoing support. Learn more by contacting our Development Office at development @ woodleyhouse.org.


You can donate stocks or bonds, transfer a mutual fund, or transfer an IRA distribution to Woodley House.

Stocks and Bonds

Notify Woodley House of your gift by contacting our Development Office at development @ woodleyhouse.org or 202-830-3508. Please include the name and number of shares of the stock, bonds, or funds donated, and your full name and address, including a phone number in case our broker needs additional information. If stock that you have held for more than a year has increased, you will maximize your tax benefits by donating it. You can deduct (to the extent provided by law) the mean value of the stock on the day Woodley House receives it into our account.

Donor Advised Fund

A donor advised fund (DAF) is a special philanthropic account at a financial institution, community foundation, or public charity to recommend grants to your favorite organizations like Woodley House.

There are things you may need when recommending a grant from your DAF to Woodley House:

Our legal name is Woodley House, Inc.; our Tax Identification Number is 53-0245460; and our principal office is located at 3000 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 108, Washington, DC 20008. Once you recommend a grant to Woodley House, please notify our Development Office at development @ woodleyhouse.org or 202-830-3508 of your fund name, the amount of your grant, and any other pertinent details.

Individual Retirement Account

Transferring an IRA distribution to a charity allows retirees to avoid paying income tax on the amount withdrawn, and these qualified charitable distributions can be used to satisfy IRA required minimum distributions. Qualifying distributions may be made in amounts up to $100,000 per year.

To learn more about directing your qualified charitable distribution to Woodley House, contact our Development Office at development @ woodleyhouse.org or 202-830-3508.

Workplace Giving

You may designate Woodley House in your Combined Federal Campaign (#48024) or United Way Campaign (#8216) giving.

Thank you for all your support!

Subscribe to Our List

Please fill out this form to join our community and receive our newsletter.