(202) 830-3508     DONATE     GET HELP

Frequently Asked Questions

Learn about emergency resources, how to donate, how to volunteer, and more.

I am experiencing a mental health crisis/ someone I know is experiencing a mental health crisis. What resources do you have?

We operate a 24-hour residential crisis home for adults experiencing a psychiatric crisis. Call us to find out more at (202) 830-3517 or read more about our requirements.

The DC Government also provides many resources for people in need of help. If you are in need of help immediately, please call 988, the national suicide and crisis lifeline or (888)7WE-HELP, DC’s 24/7 helpline staffed by behavioral health professionals

How do I donate?

Please visit our Donate page for ways to give or volunteer.

What will my donation support?

Your donation provides critical support for our programs and housing for adults with mental health disorders.

    • $25: Personal care items for 1 new resident
    • $50: Food Pantry staples for 1 resident
    • $100: Life Skills Training for 1 hour
    • $250: Utilities for 4 apartment residents
    • $500: Rent for 1 resident for 1 month
    • $2,500: Rent for 5 residents for 1 month
How do I volunteer?

Visit our Volunteer page for a list of fun and fulfilling ways you can help.

Whom do I contact if I have a question or problem?

Please call us at (202) 830-3508 or email woodley@woodleyhouse.org.

Will I receive a receipt for my contribution?

We would be happy to mail or email you information for your taxes after we receive your generous gift. Please contact development @ woodleyhouse.org with any questions.

How can I cancel my online donation?

Please contact development @ woodleyhouse.org for questions about donations.

What other ways can I give?

For more information about these opportunities, please contact Development at 202-830-3508 or development @ woodleyhouse.org to find out more.

By Phone

To make a credit card donation over the phone, please call 202.830.3508.

By Mail

To make a donation by mail, send to:
Woodley House
3000 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 108
Washington, DC 20008

Monthly Giving

You can provide consistent support to Woodley House with monthly contributions that are automatically deducted from your checking account or credit card. You will retain complete control of your giving and may increase, decrease, or suspend your contributions at any time by contacting us at development @ woodleyhouse.org.

To make a monthly gift by credit card, click the checkbox in the Donation Form for “recurring donation.”

Honor and Memorial Gifts

Honor the memory of a loved one or celebrate a special event in a friend or family member’s life by making a gift in their name. We will notify them of your gift via a personalized email or, if you choose, a personalized card. Select the “I’d like to make this contribution in honor or memory of someone” option on our online form to send an e-card.

If your loved one has selected Woodley House as the beneficiary of memorial gifts, please contact Development at 202-830-3508 or development @ woodleyhouse.org.

Create Your Own Fundraiser

Create your own online fundraiser to support Woodley House’s mission and work. Online fundraisers can be created for a company, organization, or any type of group. Contact us to find out more!

Bequests and Planned Giving

Your planned gift to Woodley House may be part of a comprehensive estate plan that will enable you to provide for family, loved ones, and Woodley House, in ways that maximize personal objectives and minimize taxes. It may also complete a lifetime of giving or allow one to make a gift that might not have been possible during one’s lifetime. Please contact Development for more information. Woodley House’s Federal Tax ID Number is 53-0245460.

Corporate Matching Gifts

An easy way to double your contribution is through employee giving programs. Many corporations have giving programs in which they match employee gifts to qualifying organizations. If you volunteer with us, your employer may also provide us with a grant as a way to recognize your ongoing support. Learn more by contacting us at development @ woodleyhouse.org.


You can donate stocks or bonds, transfer a mutual fund, or transfer an IRA distribution to Woodley House.

Stocks and Bonds

Notify Woodley House of your gift by contacting Development at development @ woodleyhouse.org or 202-830-3508. Please include the name and number of shares of the stock, bonds, or funds donated, and your full name and address, including a phone number in case our broker needs additional information. If stock that you have held for more than a year has increased, you will maximize your tax benefits by donating it. You can deduct (to the extent provided by law) the mean value of the stock on the day Woodley House receives it into our account.

Donor Advised Fund

A donor advised fund (DAF) is a special philanthropic account at a financial institution, community foundation, or public charity to recommend grants to your favorite organizations like Woodley House.

There are things you may need when recommending a grant from your DAF to Woodley House:

Our Legal Name is Woodley House, Inc.; our Tax Identification Number is 53-0245460; and our principal office is located at 3000 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 108, Washington, DC 20008. Once you recommend a grant to Woodley House, please notify us at development @ woodleyhouse.org or 202-830-3508 of your fund name, the amount of your grant, and any other pertinent details.

Individual Retirement Account

Transferring an IRA distribution to a charity allows retirees to avoid paying income tax on the amount withdrawn, and these qualified charitable distributions can be used to satisfy IRA required minimum distributions. Qualifying distributions may be made in amounts up to $100,000 per year. To learn more about directing your qualified charitable distribution to Woodley House, contact us at development @ woodleyhouse.org or 202-830-3508.

Workplace Giving

You may designate Woodley House in your Combined Federal Campaign (#48024) or United Way Campaign (#8216) giving.


3000 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite #108
Washington, DC 20008

Contact Us

Call: (202) 830-3508
Email: woodley @ woodleyhouse.org

Send us a question

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.